Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Cleaning

I love this time of year, everything is fresh and new. And for some reason it seems so easy to to set new goals for the year and come up with a plan. When the year started I bought a new sewing machine! I splurged and spoiled myself. I have had several months to play and practice and with the new season I have reprioritized and reorganized my 'stash'. I want to complete (and sell) as many projects as possible and that starts today. I have two projects ready to go and two more on the way.  


 This one may be familiar, It is a project I 'restarted' late last year. It was the first quilt I made, knowing nothing about quilting. I decided to take out all the quilting, and redo it. I think it turned out spectacularly.

I did a free motion double heart design with directional sashing overall. I hope this inspires everyone to look at those few projects that may be just not sitting right, and take a second look to see if something else can be possible. I am selling this one, if you are interested please message me! It holds a lot of great memories and started me down my path, but it is time to let someone else love it as much as I do. It would make a great baby quilt or small lap quilt, it could also be hung on a wall for some great color!


The second one I have available is very different. I was practicing a new scrapping technique. I wanted to use light and dark contrasts and think it turned out great. I quilted it with a decorative switch around the blocks but because the overall quilt was busy so I left the rest of it alone. The back has a fun bycicle design that is a fuzzy fabric. I was practicing a new block type and after I had made a few, I kept going. This pattern is all me, the first one that I have actually finished! and I played around with the quilting. It is a great size, I made it and extra long lap quilt. (I don't like when my toes don't quite get covered up) If you are interested in the pattern or quilt please contact me!

That's it for now. I have more sewing to do. I am dipping into pattern making and I should have some available by the end of the year. If you see anything that you like or would like to know more information about feel free to comment or share.





No comments:

Post a Comment